Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gratitude and Generosity

Gratitude and Generosity

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a little over two weeks away! Personally I love Thanksgiving. I love everything about it. I love that I get to hang out with family and friends, I love that Thanksgiving goes hand in hand with football, and of course I love Thanksgiving dinner. Above all of that though, I love that we have a day set apart for us to be thankful for the things God has blessed us with. But here’s the thing with being thankful, being truly thankful should lead us to being generous. Let me say that again our gratitude should lead us to generosity. As a ministry we want to live out our gratitude through the way we are generous with what God has given us. One way that we have decided to do this is by providing 75 families with Thanksgiving dinner. In order to do this WE NEED YOUR HELP. We are asking you to donate what we need for each basket. We will be collecting the material on Sundays and Thursdays.

Here is what each basket needs:

1 Gift Certificate for a Turkey ($20 grocery gift card)
2 Canned Cranberry Sauce
2 Canned Green Beans
1 Box of Mashed Potatoes
1 Box of Stuffing
1 Package/Jar of Gravy Mix
2 Canned Yams
1 Boxed Dessert
2 Corn Muffin Mix
2 Sparkling Cider

Each basket costs between $40 and $50.

No comments: